Terms & Conditions of Use of Website and App
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website and app. By using this website and app, you signify that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not use this website and app.
Information Purposes Only
Union Square Developments Limited shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on the website and app is accurate and up to date.
All materials presented on this website and app, including without limitation, any logo, design, text, graphic, and their arrangement, are licensed to or owned by Hammerson plc or other companies in the Hammerson plc Group of Companies or the owners of Union Square managed by Hammerson plc. Unless we indicate otherwise, you must not copy, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any material from our website and app in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, without our prior written permission or the written permission of the relevant copyright owner.
You may access and use the materials on this website and app for your own personal use only.
You must not do anything to alter, modify or add to the material on this website and app.
In accessing this website and app, you must not:
disrupt or interfere with the website and app, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through this website and app or linked website and apps;
disrupt or interfere with any other user's enjoyment of this website and app or linked website and apps;
attempt to obtain unauthorised access to this website and app or parts of this website and app that are not opened to public access; or
Post or transmit to or via this website and app any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, or any defamatory, derogatory or offensive material or publication.
In addition, you agree that you are solely responsible for actions and communications you have undertaken or transmitted through this website and app. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any claim, action, demand, loss or damages made or incurred by any third party arising out of, or relating to your conduct (including transmitting any defamatory, derogatory or offensive statements or material to any person), your breach of these terms and conditions, or your breach of any rights of third parties. This website and app contains links to other website and apps which are independent of Union Square Developments Limited and are maintained by third parties.
Union Square Developments Limited is not responsible for the contents of any third party website and apps and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the contents of such web sites. Any links to other website and apps are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this site, and does not imply Union Square Development Limited's endorsement of the linked web sites or association with their operators. You must asses their party website and app content for the suitability for your purposes. You are solely responsible for the actions you take in reliance of the content on or accessed through this website and app.
Third party web sites are likely to have their own restrictions on how you may use the content on those website and apps and what responsibility the website and app provider will accept (if any) in relation to the content.
You should ensure you read and comply with these. You must comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations that relate to your use of or activities on this website and app.
Disclaimer and Limitation
We reserve the right to make any change to the information appearing on the website and app, including without limitation changes to any concept, design elements, diagrams and lay-out of, and the positioning of tenants at Union Square, at any time without giving notice.
We do not and cannot guarantee that this website and app or the server that operates is free of:
viruses or other corrupted materials; or
occasional outages or disruption of services, which prevent you from either accessing this website and app or other third party website and apps via this website and app.
This website and app and the information, services, products and materials available through it are provided on "as-is" and "as available" basis, without warranty or condition of any kind, either expressed or implied, to the extent permitted under any applicable law.
Your use of this website and app, including all content, data or software distributed by, downloaded or accessed from or through this website and app, is at your own risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage caused to you, including to your business, financial affairs, or your computer system or loss of data that results from your use of this website and app, including the download of such content, data and/or software. For your own safety you should take regular back-up copies off data and use the latest virus checking software and Union Square Developments Limited cannot accept any liability arising from your failure to do so.
We expressly disclaim all liability howsoever caused to you or any other persons in respect of the information or material on this website and app (or accessed via this website and app), including but not limited to any diagrams and lay-out of Union Square, and any defamatory, derogatory or offensive material or publication.
We do not have any control over the information, products or services offered by third parties on or through this website and app, or at their own website and apps. With the exception of those damages arising as a result of fraudulent representations we assume no responsibility for and make no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, availability, currency, completeness, reliability or usefulness of the information, products or services distributed or made available by third parties on or through this website and app.
If a jurisdiction does not allow:
the exclusion of implied warranties; or
the exclusion or limitation of liability, in accordance with these terms and conditions but allows a limitation of liability to a certain maximum extent, then our liability is limited to that extent. To the full extent permitted by law, any conditions, warranties or liabilities imposed on us, or implied into these terms and conditions, under any law are hereby excluded.
For the purposes of this section, the words "we" or "us" include Union Square Developments Limited and it's related bodies corporate, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers, and any other party involved in creating, producing, transmitting, or distributing this website and app or related services.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. You consent and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole and absolute discretion, to discontinue and terminate any service offered by or through this website and app as well as this website and app at any time.
If any of these terms and conditions is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision may be severed from these terms and conditions, and it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
If you would like to contact Union Square Developments Limited, our contact details are as follows:
Union Square Developments Limited.
12 Upper Level Mall
Telephone: - 01224254300
E-Mail: - email@example.com
Standard Terms & Conditions for Competitions and Prize Draws
1. By participating you agree to the requirements set out in all promotional materials and the following General Terms and Conditions.
2. Open to residents of the mainland UK unless otherwise stated. Not open to employees (or their immediate families) of Union Square, its agencies, owners or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion. Union Square reserves the right to request proof of identity or to verify eligibility conditions and to award any prize to the winner in person.
3. Maximum one entry per person unless otherwise stated. Entries via agents or third parties or the use of multiple identities and email addresses are not permitted.
4. Only online entries via the channels promoted will be accepted. You must register with the Union Square website and app to enter online competitions. Entries must be submitted as promoted by the closing date.
5. Use of automated entries or programs is prohibited and all such entries will be disqualified if discovered.
6. Winners will be selected by Union Square or a co-promoter in a random draw within 5 days of the closing date from all valid and correct entries received.
7. Union Square reserves the right to disqualify late, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, lost, illegible or invalid entries.
8. For online entries: Union Square cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the website and app and is not responsible for any disruption to the promotion or the website and app due to technical problems or otherwise due to events outside of its reasonable control.
10. Prizes must be collected from Union Square Customer Service Desk between Monday - Saturday 9am - 8pm, or Sunday 11am - 6pm. If any prize cannot be collected within the given timescale, Union Square reserves the right to select an alternative winner or re-distribute the prize in a future competition or prize draw. Union Square has no responsibility to anyone who has not collected the prize and no compensation will be due.
11. If we require a response before we award any prize and no response is received after the stated time, Union Square reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to someone else. Union Square has no responsibility to anyone who has not responded and no compensation will be due.
12. No cash or other alternative prizes are available, except when in the event of circumstances outside of its control Union Square reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes cannot be transferred or sold.
13. Union Square has arranged this Promotion in good faith but, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or damages as a result of anyone participating in the Promotion or any aspect of any prize awarded. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
14. Union Square reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion or extend or resume the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time without giving advance notice and will do so if it cannot be guaranteed that the promotion can be carried out fairly or correctly for technical, legal or other reasons or if Union Square suspects that any person has been manipulating entries or the results or has acted unethically in any other way.
15. If we require a response before awarding any prize and no response is received within the stated time, Union Square reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and will award the prize to a substitute winner.
16. In the event that Union Square wishes to contact you in connection with your entry we will do so via an email ending in @UnionSquareAberdeen.com or by phone with a follow up e-mail. Any email which appears to come from Union Square but using a different suffix should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification. Please do not respond or act on any e-mail if you are not sure that it comes from Union Square. If you are in any doubt please contact Marketing.
17. Winners may be required to participate in reasonable related publicity without further payment or permission. Union Square may publish first name, surname initial, age and/or town/city in printed or digital communications.
18. Winners entering via Union Square’s Facebook page or Twitter feeds will be notified via same medium and agree to their full name or other moniker being announced online and reasonable additional publicity.
19. For information regarding the names of the winners (and, if applicable, their winning entries) email Marketing quoting the name of the prize draw or competition. Unfortunately we are unable to return any entries sent to us by post.
20. Any images on the website and app are for illustration only.
21. The judge’s decision is final and we reserve the right not to correspond on any matter.
22. The laws of Scotland apply and any disputes will be dealt with in the Scottish courts only.
23. Standard terms & conditions to be read in conjunction with specific terms and conditions available on each web page. Specific T&Cs take precedence where the two sets diverge.
Free parking with Union Square PLUS app Terms & Conditions
Promotion: Visit Union Square three times and get free parking for four hours upon your fourth visit exclusively with the PLUS app. Promotion period: 19th July – 12th October 2017.
Terms and Conditions:
- This promotion is open to registered Plus app customers aged 17 and over only.
- Customers without the Plus app cannot take part in this promotion.
- This promotion is found in the Offers section and in Rewards in the My Profile section in the Plus app.
- In order to qualify for a free four hour parking ticket on your fourth visit you must visit Union Square on three separate days during the Promotion Period in the same vehicle (ie registration number) and park in the main car parks (surface or multi-storey). Note this promotion is not valid in College Street car park.
- On each visit you must show your valid parking ticket for that specific day to a member of staff at the Customer Service Desk on Lower Mall.
- The staff member will present you with a code which you must scan with the Plus app.
- You must scan the code with the Plus app on three separate visits in order to be eligible for free four hour parking on your fourth visit.
- You may only scan the code with the Plus app once per day and must show a valid car park ticket for each day in order to qualify for free four hour parking on your fourth visit.
- Each scan is tracked in the Plus app on the Offer page in the app. i.e. 'Unlocked 1/3' meaning you have scanned once and need two more scans to receive free parking for four hours on your fourth visit.
- On your third scan you will unlock the reward - free parking for four hours on your fourth visit.
- You cannot claim your free parking for four hours on your third visit.
- On your fourth visit present that day's parking ticket to the Customer Service staff member at Union Square and scan the final code.
- You will receive a four hour credit (ticket) from the Customer Service team upon your fourth visit.
- You will need to pay any remaining balance for time exceeding at the pay machine.
- Valid for one visit only, even if this is less than four hours ie, no carry forward of credit.
- This promotion ends on Thursday 12th October 2017.
- In order to qualify for this promotion you must visit Union Square three times within the promotion period and use your free parking for four hours ticket on your fourth visit within one month of receiving the ticket.
- Customers can redeem one free four hour parking ticket throughout the promotional period. This offer cannot be reused.
If you ever need any assistance please speak to a member of staff at the Customer Service Desk, or email Plus@hammerson.com with details of your issue and the email address you used to register with the PLUS app.
These are the terms and conditions on which we provide the “Handsfree” service to you. Please read these terms carefully before using the ‘Handsfree’ shopping service. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, conditions/restrictions of the service and our liability to each other.
The “Handsfree” Shopping service The Union Square “Handsfree” shopping service provides you with an opportunity to store your shopping in our secure storage facility (the “Service”).
Who can use this service?
Only users of the Union Square Plus App will be eligible to use the Service. You confirm that you are, and for the duration of using the Service, will remain, a user of the Union Square Plus App. Prior to using the Service, you may be asked to provide us with the necessary information to demonstrate that you are a user of the Union Square Plus App.
What you can leave with us and our right to refuse items:
We shall not accept the following items to be stored in our storage facility as part of this Service:
• any high value items (this may include, but is not limited to, jewellery and electronics). An item will be considered “high value” if it is worth more than £500;
• any items (where more than one item is deposited with us) where their total collective value exceeds £1000;
• any personal documentation or items of any nature, including cash, credit cards, mobile phones and/or passports;
• items which might be difficult to store in our storage facility due to their measurements or any other relevant features – this will include very large items and items made of a delicate or breakable nature;
• any personal electronic equipment (including, for example, mobile phones and tablets), unless we are satisfied they are new, unused and still in their original packaging;
• items that may pose a threat to our staff, third parties and/or their property – this will include weapons, explosives, flammables, hazardous materials and/or any other dangerous or damaging items;
• items requiring temperature or environmental controls of any kind;
• plants or animals of any kind; or
• Items which produce an unpleasant smell, including fresh or frozen food items.
In circumstances where we reasonably consider items fall, or may fall, within any the categories set out above, we are entitled to refuse to accept such items. In any event, we reserve an absolute right to determine whether we are able to accept items for any reasons.
Notwithstanding any rights we may have under these terms to search your items, you are under an express obligation, prior to depositing items with us, to inform us if you reasonably believe that any of your items may fall within the categories set out above.
Right to search your items
A search of your items may be requested/carried out randomly prior to us accepting your items as part of the Service, or whilst your items are being stored by us as part of the Service (i.e. you may not be present when these searches are undertaken). We will only undertake searches to determine whether your items fall within any of the prohibited items listed in these terms, or to ensure the correct items are returned to you.
If, after you have deposited items, it comes to our attention that any of your items fall into any of the prohibited categories set out in these terms, we will contact you to request the items are collected immediately. If reasonable, we may also be required to safely dispose and/or isolate the items where appropriate.
By agreeing to these terms, you are providing your consent for these searches to be undertaken in all circumstances.
Your obligations to show proof of purchase If requested, we may require you to provide proof of purchase in relation to any items being stored as part of this Service. It is within our absolute discretion to request such proof to be provided. In the event that you refuse, or are unable to provide proof of purchase for items, we reserve the right to refuse to store any or all of your items as part of the Service.
How we will store your items:
We will store your items in our secure storage facility at all times. We are unable to provide you with access to the storage facility. This is to ensure the safety of other users’ items.
Collecting your items:
Unless otherwise agreed by us, you are required to collect the items we store for you by the date and time agreed with you at the time you deposit your items with us.
Providing us with contact details:
When depositing your items with us, you are required to provide us with your direct contact telephone number. It is your responsibility to make sure this telephone contact number is correct and legible for our staff. You must also ensure that you are contactable on the number provided for the duration of your items being stored.
By providing this number, you consent to us contacting you in the event that you are required to collect items we discover are prohibited under these terms and/or where you fail to collect items by the agreed collection date and time.
Our liability to you:
We will not be liable to you in the following circumstances: (i) loss or damage in relation to any items falling within the prohibited categories set out in these terms; and (ii) loss or damage caused by you failing to collect your items within the timescales set out in these terms.
We are only responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time this contract is made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example if you discussed it with us before entering into the contract. We will therefore only be responsible for the market value of any item that is lost or damaged due to our negligence. However, please note that our liability in relation to loss or damage to any individual item is capped at £500, and our total liability under or in connection with this contract is limited to £1000.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Your liability to us:
If, after you have deposited items, it comes to our attention that any of your items fall into any of the prohibited categories set out in these terms, you will be liable for any foreseeable damage suffered by us and/or third parties as a result of us storing such items. This will include any costs we incur in relation to the safe disposal and/or isolation of such items and any damage to our or any third party’s property.
You will also be liable for any reasonable costs we incur in circumstances where we are required to dispose of your items due to your failure to collect them within the timescales set out in these terms.
Disposal of uncollected items:
In the event that you fail to collect your items by the date and time agreed, we will attempt to contact you to arrange collection. We will attempt to contact you on at least 3 separate occasions over a 14 day period to arrange collection.
In the event that we are unable to contact you and/or you fail to collect your items within this 14 day period, or by any further deadline agreed with you, we will be entitled to treat your items as abandoned. In such circumstances, we will be entitled to dispose of your items in their entirety.
Which laws apply?
These terms and conditions are governed by non-exclusive jurisdiction under English law through the courts of England and Wales.
Who we are and how to make complaints:
We are Union Square Developments Limited a company registered in Scotland. Our company registration number is SC195182 and our registered office is 1 George Square, Glasgow, G2 1AL. Our registered VAT number is 239432065.
In the event that you have any queries with regards to this service, or wish to a raise a complaint regarding the service, you can contact us in person at the Customer Service Desk or email email@example.com.